But it was only temporary.
Remember back in June when multiple outlets announced Emma Roberts' pregnancy? She didn't confirm it at the time and on a recent appearance on The Jimmy Kimmel Show, she explained why (and it kind of reminds us of how Gigi Hadid's mom confirmed her pregnancy).
It turns out, Roberts' mom isn't so internet-savvy and confirmed a tabloid report on Instagram before Roberts got to break the news herself. If you've ever had a relative break your baby news before you could this is a very relatable celebrity story.
"I was keeping my pregnancy pretty low key but unfortunately my mother has Instagram. Which, mothers and Instagram, it's a bad combination," Roberts said of her mom, Kelly Cunningham. "She definitely spilled the beans."
Basically, a magazine reported Roberts and her boyfriend Garrett Hedlund were expecting their first child together and Cunningham just got caught up in the Instagram frenzy.
"It led to interacting with my fans and just thanking them for all their pregnancy wishes," Roberts said. "It was a disaster, and I found it all out on a plane, so I couldn't get to her. I couldn't call her or attack her."
The mom and daughter eventually reconciled after the privacy breech, Roberts said. "We kind of laughed. We kind of got into a fight. I blocked her at one point," she quipped, adding that it's a "good story to tell the baby."
- Best Pregnancy Announcements - Motherly ›
- These Quarantine Pregnancy Announcements are Hilarious - Motherly ›
- Anne Hathaway's pregnancy announcement has a message for ... ›
- Surprise! Kelly Rowland is pregnant with baby no. 2! - Motherly ›
- Pregnant Celebrities in 2020 - Motherly ›
- Emma Roberts Is First Pregnant Cover Star of 'Cosmopolitan' ›
- Emma Roberts Is First Pregnant Cover Star of 'Cosmopolitan' - Motherly ›
- Pregnant Celebrities in 2020 ›
- Emma Roberts Shares Her Best Advice For New Moms ›