With the kids out of school and the temperatures rising, you're probably spending a good portion of family time outdoors. Maybe your littles are adventuring around your backyard, or they just enrolled in their first sport league. Chances are, there will be some bumps, bug bites and scrapes along the way—which is why every family should have a first aid kit ready to go.
But, they don't have to be bland. Designer, artist and founder of Jungalow®, Justina Blakeney collaborated with BAND-AID brand® to bring you a seriously gorgeous collection of bandages. Seriously, take a look at the prints!
And, with three or more select purchases at Target, you can select your own first aid kit bag. We're obsessing over the pattern on the Jungalow print. 😍
When building a first aid kit, consider what you would need on the go, or while on vacation. Throw one in your car and have another at the ready in your bathroom. Always be sure to check with your child's pediatrician before using medications (even topical ones).
Here are some items to include in your family's first aid kit this summer:
- Neosporin: Use topically for infection protection and pain relief.
- Band-Aids: To cover scrapes and cuts.
- Hydrogen peroxide: Acts as a first aid antiseptic to prevent infections.
- Gauze pads: For bigger boo boos, these will protect the skin as it heals.
- Benadryl stick: Fast-acting relief from pain and itching.
- Wound cleanser: Made for kids, ages 2 and up, this kills bacteria and germs.
- Instant cold packs: No refrigeration required! Sooth swelling and minor pain.
- Calamine spray: For minor itchy rashes or bug bites.
Motherly is your daily #momlife manual; we are here to help you easily find the best, most beautiful products for your life that actually work. We share what we love—and we may receive a commission if you choose to buy. You've got this.