We threw in some mocktails, too! Cheers.
It's been approximately 3,523,789 days since the beginning of this year, so it's no surprise that you might want to celebrate the end of this incredibly challenging, exhausting and mind-numbing year with a cocktail or three.
Luckily for you, we've curated some of the tastiest (and most festive) cocktail recipes for your celebration. We've tried to cover all the classic spirits (looking at you gin and vodka) while also bringing in some unexpected liquors you might not normally have in your bar cart. And pregnant mamas, we didn't forget you. We included some recipes made from zero-proof liquor, too!
Cheers to 2021!
Here are some of our favorite recipes:
- 1.5 oz of vodka (for example Tommyrotter Distillery Small Batch Vodka)
- 0.75 oz of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 0.75 oz of simple syrup
- Splash of prosecco
Shake vodka, lemon and simple syrup with ice. Strain from shaker with Hawthorne strainer over a fine strainer into a Collins glass. Top with prosecco. Garnish with a thyme sprig.
- 37.5ml vodka (for example Chase Vodka)
- 12.5ml elderflower liqueur (for example Chase Elderflower Liqueur)
- Squeeze fresh lemon
- Club soda
Build all ingredients in a wine glass with cubed ice and stir gently to combine.
- 6 ml Gin (for example Grace O'Malley Heather Infused Irish Gin)
- 2 ml sweet white Vermouth (for example Lillet Blanc)
- Optional: 4 dashes of Olive Bitters (for example The Bitter Truth)
- 1 tsp olive brine (from the olive jar)
Fill a mixing glass with ice cubes and add the ingredients. Stir on ice, then strain into a coupe or martini glass. Add the olive for garnish. Tip: chill the glass in the freezer before serving
- 45 ml dark rum (for example Diplomático Mantuano)
- 30 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 15 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15 ml honey
Mix all the ingredients in a mug and fill with hot water. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
- 250 ml dark rum (for example: Diplomático Mantuano)
- 500 ml milk
- 100 gr sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 125 ml heavy cream
Whisk egg yolks in a large bowl. In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk milk and sugar for 2 minutes. Add mix to the egg yolks on the bowl while whisking. Return to saucepan and cook 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring often. Strain into a bowl, add Mantuano and heavy cream, cover and refrigerate. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and grated nutmeg.
Sapporo Premium cranberry splash
- 1 oz Grace O'Malley Gin
- 4 oz Sapporo Premium
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 1 cranberry-rosemary simple syrup*
- 1 oz lime juice
- Fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Rosemary, for garnish
Add cranberry juice, syrup, and gin to a shaker filled with ice. Shake until very cold. Pour into a glass and top with Sapporo Premium. Garnish with cranberries and a sprig of rosemary.
*Cranberry-rosemary Simple Syrup: Combine 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 1 cup cranberries and 2 sprigs of rosemary in a pot. Bring to a boil. When sugar dissolves, remove from heat. Let cool.
Partida Anejo Cristalino martini
- 1.5-2 oz Partida Añejo Cristalino
- ¾ oz sweet white vermouth
- ¼ oz lemon juice
- 2 dashes orange bitters
Shake all ingredients in a shaker and double strain over a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Mocktail: Jingle bell rock AF gin sour
- 2 oz of Cedars Crisp
- 1 oz. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 oz of candy cane simple syrup (recipe here)
- Small candy cane garnish
- Lemon wedge garnish
Pour all ingredients (except ice) into a shaker and dry shake it for one min. Add ice, shake for one min. Strain into a cocktail glass!
Mocktail: Merry Bloody Mary beer chelada
- Splash Bloody Mary
- One can Athletic Brewing All Out Extra Dark
- Candy cane spicy rub: Crushed candy canes, Montreal Steak Seasoning, Cayenne Pepper
- Lime wedge
- Olives, pickles, roasted peppers (any savory garnishes you have laying around) skewered on a stick!
Rub the lime wedge on the rim of a high ball glass. Place rim into candy cane rub. Pour ice into the glass. Fill glass 2/3 with Splash Bloody Mary. Top 1/3 with Athletic Brewing All Out Extra Dark. Place a savory vegetable skewer in the glass.
Mocktail: Holiday beer sangria
- Leftover holiday fruit slices like orange/apple/cranberry, pomegranate seeds, cinnamon stick (use what you have)
- 2 oz apple cider
- Well Being Victory Wheat
Place fruit in low ball (or stemless wineglass) glass with ice. Add apple cider. Add Well Being Victory Wheat Beer. Stir and drink!
- fall-cocktails - Motherly ›
- Best Mocktail Recipes for Pregnancy: 7 Non-Alcoholic Drinks to Enjoy ›
- Maternity Outfits For The Holidays - Motherly ›
- Reese Witherspoon Makes Apple Cider Cocktail - Motherly ›
- 8 easy cocktail recipes for your holiday parties, mama - Motherly ›