Plus, decor tips from a pro!
When you're preparing to welcome a new addition to the family, you want the nursery to be as cute as possible. You prep their room with new paint and add wall art and pick bedding and curtains, but after the baby is born you might not love how it turned out. Sure, you received everything you wanted from the registry, but the room might not feel cohesive. Or, you're wanting to scale back and add more minimalist touches.
Need a quick upgrade without doing tons of work? "Removable wallpaper is a great way to personalize a space for your little one without making a permanent decision," says Elizabeth Rees, founder of Chasing Paper. "Try an accent wall or frame a few swatches in a fun shape as an art print is easy and simple to do." It's also nice to add little touches of your own style like framed artwork, plants, fun sheets and blankets can make the space feel more personal and an extension of the vibe of your home, she says.
Here are 25 minimalist nursery ideas to inspire creativity in your home:
1. Twin nursery with white, wood + green palette
Editor pick: Pottery Barn crystal chandelier
3. Desert themed walls + geometric printed rugs
Editor pick: Lorena Canals washable rug
4. Closet nursery
Editor pick: Hawkins New York simple linen throw
5. Twin hanging mirrors + cribs
Editor pick: Beautify hexagon wall mirror
Builder: K Welch Homes
Designer: Natalie Welsh Design
6. Perfectly muted pink
Editor pick: Crate and Kids wood shelf
10. Wood + neutrals
Editor pick: Delta Children hendrix 4-in-1 convertible crib
17. Traditional with a touch of flair
Editor Pick: Latitude Run hinshaw standard bookcase
22. Hot air balloon theme
Editor pick: South Shore weathered oak changing table
24. White + yellow wooded palette
Editor pick: Lorena Canals wall hanging galaxy
We independently select and share the products we love—and may receive a commission if you choose to buy. You've got this.
- Adding Magic to Your Nursery - Motherly ›
- A look inside Joanna Gaines' nursery - Motherly ›
- Do I need a nursery? 7 creative ways to make room for baby, even in ... ›
- 8 tips for peaceful bedroom sharing with baby - Motherly ›
- How to decorate a Nursery From Ali Fedokowsky's Interior Designer ›