4. “The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.”
7. “Birth isn’t something we suffer, but something we actively do and exult in.”
5. “There is no force equal to that of a determined woman.”
14. “The wisdom and compassion a woman can intuitively experience in childbirth can make her a source of healing and understanding for other women.”
2. “There is a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.”
—Laura Stavoe Harm
8. “Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers — strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.”
—Barbara Katz Rothman
15. “A strong intention, a relaxed body and an open mind are the main ingredients for an active birth.”
12. “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.”
—Myla + Jon Kabat-Zinn
9. “Birth is an opportunity to transcend. To rise above what we are accustomed to, reach deeper inside ourselves than we are familiar with, and to see not only what we are truly made of, but the strength we can access in and through birth.”
3. “Giving birth should be your greatest achievement, not your greatest fear.”
10. “Let choice whisper in your ear and love murmur in your heart. Be ready. Here comes life.”
Your baby’s birth day is one of the most memorable days of your life.
Birth is beautiful, mind-blowing and intense. It’s exciting and life changing. And it’s coming up soon for you, mama!