The catchy video just surpassed 'Despacito' for the honor.
It just beat out the 2017 hit, 'Despacito,' by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee, for the honor.
'Baby Shark Dance' was uploaded to YouTube in 2016 by the South Korean children's education channel, Pinkfong.
Baby Shark swims to the top of YouTube, officially becoming the No. 1 most-viewed YouTube video in history, with 7.… https://t.co/SwePv683Cn— pinkfong_usa (@pinkfong_usa)1604326696.0
The earworm found immediate popularity with kids and, in many cases, outright dislike from parents. According to Guinness World Records, "Baby Shark Dance" is also one of the most liked and most disliked YouTube videos ever, with more than 22 million likes and 10 million dislikes.
It's catchy, it's repetitive, and for some reason, our kids love it. Enough to watch it 7.05 billion times—and counting.
Doo doo doo doo doo doo…
- He Grew Up Without A Dad, So He Made YouTube Channel To ... ›
- You can now buy Baby Shark bedding at Walmart, Mama Shark ... ›
- How to make the YouTube Kids app safer for your family ›
- It's science: Why 'Baby Shark' gets stuck in your head (forever ... ›
- Get ready mama, Baby Shark's heading for TV! - Motherly ›