No amount is too small—it all adds up.
This year has been tough—and in these past six months alone we've lost too many black lives to police brutality and racism including George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery. Families are hurting, so it's more important now than ever before to take action.
Aside from having those hard conversations with your family and loved ones and signing petitions to demand police accountability and justice, one of the most effective ways to help is to donate. No amount is too small, it all adds up.
Here's where you can donate your dollars to right now to support the black community:
Committed to the fight to end white supremacy and state-sanctioned violence.
A nonprofit that pays bail for those in need, preventing incarceration due to racial and economic gaps.
Can't decide where to donate? ActBlue has made it possible to split a donation between 70+ community bail funds, mutual aid funds and racial justice organizers.
A black, trans and queer-led organization that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression and violence, creating a world in which all Black Lives Matter.
America's top legal firm fighting racial justice, seeking equality for all Americans.
Founded by Stacey Abrams, this organization works to end voter suppression and work towards equal voting rights.
Provides research-based policy solutions to end police brutality.
A non-profit journalism organization covering issues related to the criminal justice system in America.
Non-profit working towards ensuring every person has their constitutional rights, regardless of party.
A Twin-Cities-based organization committed to deal with police brutality, helping families of victims and support for survivors.
- Dad's viral Facebook post on being a black dad in America - Motherly ›
- How to Talk to Kids About Protests + Racism - Motherly ›
- photos of children at the #BlackLivesMatter protests - Motherly ›
- Viral photo from George Floyd protest - Motherly ›
- Black Teen Shares The Rules His Mom Makes Him Follow When Leaving The House - Motherly ›
- Pregnant Mother Explains Why Black Lives Matter Protests Matter So Much - Motherly ›
- This is How Oppression and Racism Impact Black Families - Motherly ›
- Viral: Boy's Photo Goes Viral After Solo Black Lives Matter Protest ›
- Barbra Streisand Makes Gianna Floyd a Disney Stockholder - Motherly ›
- Tyler Perry Is Paying for Rayshard Brooks' Funeral ›
- Celebs are posting about Juneteenth ›
- 'This Is Us' Star Lonnie Chavis Shares His Personal Experiences With Racism ›
- Black Lives Matter: Day care expels 6-year-old for wearing Black Lives Matter shirt ›
- Daunte Wright's Mom Listened As He Was Killed By Police ›