Use those Gymbucks soon, mamas, because Gymboree's doors will be shutting soon, and for good! And: Joanna Gaines has a home line at Target, a restaurant, a television show, a design business, five kids, and now she is a children's book author. Like, what is in that woman's coffee, and can we get a cup?! Plus, the children's play area that'll have you wishing you were six again. It's all right here in our weekly links.
1. You wake up with 53 new emails and it seems every minute that passes, another number is added to the ticker. You know you need to respond, but you also need to make a "hangry" toddler some waffles and nurse a growing infant. This piece in the Times reminds us while our emails will always be waiting on us, our children will not.
2. Stop the press: Gymboree could close a whopping 900 stores and file for bankruptcy! The tried-and-true children's clothing company also owns Crazy 8 and Janie & Jack, too... which could also be affected.
3. Just another reason to love Joanna Gaines. She and her five children just published an adorable children's book inspiring parents and kiddos to get out, get their hands dirty and grow something good. We love the message!
4. You might have had swollen ankles when you were pregnant, but you've never seen swollen like Jessica Simpson swollen. The swelling is so bad, she posted a picture pleading for help online!
5. If you're still working on your resolution to hit the gym more often this year, DockATot and Class Pass have teamed up to help! Throughout the whole month of January, each DockATot purchase comes with an exclusive Class Pass membership, getting you into the coolest fitness classes in your neighborhood. Oh, and even better -- Class Pass streams live classes you can do at home. Sign us up.
6. Cloud Island, a baby brand that's exclusively available at Target and which is known for its stylish and affordable baby products, is expanding into essentials. Starting January 20th, it will add 30 new baby essentials, including diapers, wipes, toiletries and feeding products!
7. Peep this incredible play area at communal the work space Big and Tiny -- its streamlined Scandinavian vibe is so palpable, your child might even become an interior designer by osmosis. Kidding. But at the low, low price of $160/month, your kiddo can enjoy the space, and you can get a couple hours of work done a week.
8. We scrolled through Amazon's highest-rated baby products with a cult following, and there are some seriously genius, outright quirky items that we think we totally need now. Like, who doesn't need a diaper cream brush? Find out our faves here.