Moms of the universe, unite! You are a force to be reckoned with. When you set your mind to something, like pursuing paid family leave or overcoming various breastfeeding challenges, we know you’ll get it done -- and with style, nonetheless. Since you were probably busy growing a human or chasing after your little ones, here’s a roundup of all the must-read stories you may have missed.
1. Onesies, diapers and strollers generally top parents-to-be’s registry lists. But what if we told you that people around you can pitch in to help you spend more time with your newborn? Babylist just launched the Parental Leave Cash Fund. This new service, which is a reminder that the U.S. remains the only developed country without a federally mandated paid parental leave, allows expectant parents to solicit financial support from family and friends when their work don’t offer compensation during time off after childbirth.
2. We dream of (real) spring weather and can’t wait to be sporting flowy dresses and light sweaters for breezy nights. Loyal Hana recently launched its new spring collection, and it’s everything a mama-to-be or nursing mom could hope for -- minimalist prints and smart bump-to-boob designs that will help you transition from pregnancy to motherhood seamlessly.
3. You’ve always been a great student, but the science of getting pregnant has you stumped. If only there was a class on how to increase your fertility... Oh wait, there is! Aimee Raupp, an acupuncturist and women’s health expert who specializes in fertility and reproductive health, is offering an e-course that aims to help you improve your health and fertility in 100 days. The course is available until April 3, so sign up now!
4. Breastfeeding is hard, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get through it. If you’ve overcome a breastfeeding challenge and want to inspire new moms that are struggling, join Bamboobies’ new social media challenge: #BreastfeedingChallenge. It’s simple: post a picture, share the nursing hurdles you overcame in the caption, and nominate (tag) three moms to share theirs.
5. Bugaboo is giving its strollers a terrifyingly cool new look. Designed in collaboration with French underground and graphic artist Niark1, the “Monsters on the Move” limited edition brings Niark1’s signature monsters to life in a playful and eye-popping print that is sure to turn heads. And with the exciting monster shapes also featured on the underside of the fabric set, your little one’s imagination can run wild while you’re running, well, errands. The Bugaboo by Niark1 collection will launch in just a couple of days, on April 1!