Moms, we should be fearless.
For goodness sake, we grew human beings in our bodies—and then got them out of our bodies. That’s a serious superhero move right there.
So why aren’t we bolder? Why aren’t we braver? Why aren’t we louder? Why aren’t we more self-assured?
I have no idea, but it’s insane, and we need to change all of that—starting NOW.
That means adjusting our perspectives.
No more stress when someone judges our parenting choices. No more doubt about the choice we’ve made to work in an office… Or stay at home… Or work at home. No more anxiety that we’re not giving our children what they need. No more fear about stupid, non-parenting things that make us nervous because we’ve never tried them before. No more mom guilt.
No, it won’t be easy, but we need to do it. For our kids, but also for ourselves.
So, the next time you’re doubting yourself and feeling overwhelmed, remember: You’ve got this. How do I know? Because you, my friend, are a rockstar.
Here are 15 things that prove moms are rockstars.
1. You exist on so little sleep, it actually defies science.
2. You are able to lift a baby, a toddler, assorted toys, a sippy cup and a 20-pound diaper bag without an ounce of real effort.
3. You fight monsters at 3 a.m.
4. You deal with children who have zero interest in going to sleep—and still somehow manage to get them in bed every night. (Eventually.)
5. Your kisses have the power to heal boo-boos.
6. Your hugs provide a safe haven and make all right with the world.
7. You have been sneezed on, peed on, pooped on, bled on and thrown up on. And, after the fact, you’ve laughed about it.
8. You have survived a threenager. Or you will soon.
9. You can silence a child with a single serious look. And when that fails, you can repeat yourself again and again and again without getting hoarse.
10. You encourage your children to explore their independence, even though it breaks your heart a little bit in the process as they separate from you.
11. You advocate for your child in the strongest, most wonderfully terrifying way when it’s important.
12. You think of worst-case scenarios and obsess over what you would do to keep your kids safe.
13. You know that, if necessary, you would die for your children.
14. You have sacrificed and changed your life in every way imaginable.
15. You get up and you do what needs to be done every single day.
So there you have it: You are a rockstar. And if you do all of this—and more—you can do anything. Now don’t forget it.