Name: Madeleine Fawcett
Occupation: Publicist and co-founder of Project MM
Baby’s Gender: We’ll find out in just over a month!
How would you describe your pregnant style?
My pregnancy style has been laid back and casual without giving off too much of the “I’ve totally given up” vibe (hopefully anyways!). Fortunately, I didn't have to stray too far from mainstays of my wardrobe. I bought a few maternity pieces from HATCH, and they are amazing — my Hatch onesie has been a lifesaver for when I feel like being comfortable and want to look pulled-together at the same time. For fall and winter, I stuck to oversized Acne and Raquel Allegra sweaters with jeans, leggings and palazzo pants. My MaxMara teddy coat saw me through colder days and accommodated my growing bump! For Spring into Summer, I've been wearing lots of dresses from (again) Raquel Allegra , Isabel Marant, Sea, and Ulla Johnson and also living in beautiful caftans by RHODE Resort. When I am not running around to meetings, Lululemon and Ivy Park have also been in heavy rotation!
Have you had any challenges learning to dress your body during pregnancy?
I think one of the challenges for me was just accepting and embracing my growing belly and being content and patient with myself. To grow a human is a beautiful thing, so it’s okay if I can’t wear this or that for a bit! Also, again, I was fortunate to be able to transition some of my less fitted pieces of clothing, so they have worked during my pregnancy, which eliminated a lot of frustration!
So far, what has surprised you most during your pregnancy?
How kind people were to me on the subway ride back from the Beyonce concert at Citi Field! Ha. In all seriousness, I've been so pleasantly surprised by how incredibly friendly and magical people have been to me during the past 9 months, showering me with love and guidance and support all along the way. It makes me want to stay pregnant forever! I think I also surprised myself at how active I've remained. I've been loyal to my routine of going to Laurie Cole's Soul Cycle class three times a week since I got pregnant and I've been so proud of myself to stay that course! It’s been instrumental in keeping my mind and body fit and prepared for the upcoming birth!
What are you most looking forward to sharing with your baby?
Oh my, where do I even begin…everything!? There are so many firsts that my husband and I look forward to sharing with this baby—and of course, we can’t wait to share our family and traditions and people and places we love! I just can't wait to meet this little human I've been hanging out with for the past 9 months and start showing him or her the world. I'm so excited to see things through his or her eyes (I guess that's more what I look forward to: this baby sharing with me, right?). It's all just so exciting, I can’t even believe I have the honor of being this baby’s parent!!!
What’s your 5 registry essentials?
- Leachco Snoogle : This crazy looking pillow has been a godsend in the final stretch of waiting for baby. My husband gave it to me, and it has been a third wheel in our bed ever since!
- Babyzen Yoyo stroller : Everywhere I turn in NYC, I bump into chic mamas pushing the Yoyo. They are so portable and easy to fold, we can’t wait to use ours!
- Books, books, books: I recommend registering for the classics so you can build your baby a library he or she will treasure forever! Madeline (a popular one for me growing up J), Goodnight Moon , Eloise , Make Way for the Ducklings , Peter Rabbit , Where the Wild Things Are , and on and on.
- Cozy, cuddly swaddle blankets from Aden + Anais and Little Unicorn: In addition to soothing our baby, we will use them to lounge in the park this summer, for a little breastfeeding on the go privacy and to shade our babe from sunlight. The prints are adorable!
- Organic, natural and non-toxic products from Earth Tu Face, Rahua and tenoverten have been lifesavers throughout my pregnancy! I recommend registering for ETF Coconut Body Butter , Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner and the Nail Remover wipes from tenoverten.
Madeleine is wearing:
Ulla Johnson dress (similar style)
Photography by Stylish & Hip Kids.