And 5 things your mom group’s talking about this week.
It’s 4th of July already? Yup, another summer totally passing us by. Get those pregnancy maxis in fast, you’ll have to cover up before you know it. Don’t worry if you feel like you haven’t kept up with your mom news, we’re here to keep you up to date on all things baby and baby to be. Here’s what you need to know this week.
1. As if we didn’t love their carriers enough already, this week Ergobaby launches The Ergobaby Special Edition Keith Haring Collection. It’s never too early to get your baby on the art appreciation train and celebrate Haring's legacy.
2. Mama favorite Ace & Jig has just partnered with baby favorite Land of Nod, and we’re pretty excited about the results. It’s limited edition though, so get your hands on it fast!
3. And speaking of gender equality - oh we weren’t? Well we should be! Andrew Reiner of the New York Times tells us about the importance of using emotional language with both boys and girls.
4. If you’re going to bare all in the name of the perfect pregnancy shot, there’s no better place to do it than Vanity Fair. Oh, and spoiler alert! Serena Williams is keeping the gender of her baby a secret (but not much else). Talk about bump envy!
5. We’ve all got healthcare on our minds this week, and it turns out the “Better” Care Reconciliation Act could be a step back for moms and moms-to-be. Find out what the senate bill might mean for postnatal care.
Julia McRae is a rising senior at Loyola University Maryland and WRNY’s new intern. While she is not a mom-to-be just yet, she is a passionate lifestyle writer and travel blogger.