When’s the right time to become a mother?
When the stars align just right? When your work and love lives are running at 100%? When you’re just so madly in love you can’t stop yourself?
The answers are different for each woman, but there are a few signs that are universal.
Read on for 15 signs that you are definitely read to become a mom.
1. You chart your cycle JUST FOR FUN.
And you know, in case you ever wanna put a baby in there.
2. You talked to your partner about how hot he'd look with a baby.
AND HE AGREED.
3. You drool more over baby pictures than engagement pictures on Facebook.
Because they’re SOOOO CUTE.
4. You took a serious look at your finances.
And you figured you could almost swing having a baby.
5. You hear a cool name and immediately say it in your head.
... paired with your last name for your future child.
It has a nice ring to it.
6. Every month you check those due date predictors “just in case.”
Can you really ever be “too prepared”? (Check your due date with our calculator here.)
7. You get a smile on your face every time you take a prenatal vitamin.
“Look at me, responsible mom-to-be coming through!”
8. You *might* have already bought some baby clothes.
This is a judgment-free zone. Your secret is safe with Motherly.
9. You get lost on #birth Instagram.
We don’t blame you.
10. You try to imagine what your future children might look like.
You *might* have used the MakeMeBabies app, “just to see.”
11. When you get asked in an interview where you'll be in five years...
You think: BABIES.
But then you talk about rocking it at work.
12. You pay your bills on time.
Awesome credit score for the win!
13. Your friend has a baby and you immediately become obsessed with her.
Can I babysit? Can I change her dirty diapers? Can I sit and hold her? Squeeze her? Smell her? Please???
14. You and your partner can have honest conversations about difficult subjects.
But if you mostly prefer to rehash the latest from Game of Thrones, we TOTALLY GET IT.
15. You make time for barre class.
Or SoulCycle. Or a run around the block. Or a run to brunch with the girls.
WHATEVER, you are totally power-walking that off.
16. You asked for a raise and got it.
Like a BOSS.
17. You can't imagine a future in which you're not a mom.
Neither can we.