Name: Elisabeth “Libby” Vlasic (Willy B Mum)
Neighborhood: Greenpoint, Brooklyn
Baby’s Sex: It’s a girl!
How would you describe your pregnant style?
I am wearing a lot of really beautiful dresses this time around, thanks to bohemian designer FillyBoo Maternity. I am most happy in nature around the plants that I work with so often, and I just love the feeling of dressing like a stylish hippy Mum.
Have you had any challenges learning to dress your body during this pregnancy?
The first few months of spring here in New York where it was cold and grey a lot was tough, I basically lived in maternity leggings and a few maternity tops, thanks to a stop at Rosie Pope. But, it was a little boring for me dressing the same every day. With that said, I was very excited once the warmer weather finally showed up and I was able to start dressing in all my beautiful maternity dresses I have bought.
So far, what has surprised you most during your pregnancy?
This is my second pregnancy, and the whole realization that it is so different is a surprise in itself. I enjoy pregnancy and for the most part, I cruised through my first experience happily. This pregnancy though, although feeling incredibly blessed and happy, I suffered with severe nausea for around 8 weeks and was basically bed ridden. This was incredibly difficult at times.
I was also diagnosed with a hematoma (like a blood clot) near my placenta early on, which has since been absorbed by my body and poses no further risk. However, with these things coupled together I was unable to exercise, early on, and during my first pregnancy I was at the gym all the time. Even though I am further along now. I’m incredibly tired and am still not back at the gym. This worries me a little, but I do know with hard work after my little girl is born I will be back to pre-pregnancy shape. So yeah, this pregnancy is so different than my first.
What are you most looking forward to sharing with your baby?
Just having her here, and my little boy having a sibling is an unbelievable gift. The journey, for me, of conceiving again was not easy and I just look at her already as a miracle. But otherwise, like her brother, she will be brought up to respect all creatures we coexist on this planet with, and knowledgeable of all the amazing plants that grow around us and what they offer us. I will share my love of nature, and all that is good in this world.
What’s your top 5 registry essentials?
1. Tummy Tub. For washing a newborn this is my favorite product, not only is it comfortable to use, I like that it mimics the mother’s womb.
2. Bugaboo. I know there are a lot of amazing prams on the market, but for my last child, we just loved his Bugaboo Chameleon. I have recently had it refurnished in a different color, and am looking forward to using it for baby number 2. However, I may splurge on another Bugaboo, as their running stroller looks perfect for me, as I like to run a lot, and that’s going to be a favorable option getting back in shape.
3. Baby K’Tan Carrier. When my first baby was born this sling was so helpful in enabling me to have my hands free to do other things, while still having him close to me. It is a little tricky to work out in the beginning but you soon get used to it, and I love that you can wear it in different ways and that baby can be in it from the newborn stage.
4. Medela Breast Pump. My last baby was so fortunate that I was able to breast feed him for 2.5 years, and I am hopeful to be able to do the same with baby number 2. My Medela Breast Pump lasted that whole time, so I am definitely going with them again this time. I also love that you can recycle your breast pump back to Medela, helping other mothers in need, once done with it.
5. Margaux and May organic baby swaddles. In a perfect world, everything my newborn had close to her would be made from organic materials, but that option isn’t always available. With swaddles though, there are options, and I particularly like these ones, especially the poppies and cornflowers one (being the plant lover I am).
Libby is wearing:
Photography by Ren’ee Kahn Bresler for Well Rounded.
Shot on location at Love Child Yoga.