Country singer Ned LeDoux is used to making headlines for his music, but this week he's all over the news for the worst possible reason. LeDoux and his wife, Morgan, announced they have said goodbye to their baby girl. The couple's daughter, Haven, died a week ago. She was just two years old. Her death came just six weeks after her second birthday.

"It is with great sadness that Ned & Morgan inform friends and fans that their two year old daughter Haven passed away on October 20th due to a tragic choking accident in the home. The LeDoux family appreciates your love and support and is requesting privacy at this time," the singer shared on his Facebook page.

According to Taste of Country, the post originally indicated that paramedics rushed to the family's home on October 20. They attempted to resuscitate Haven, but ultimately their attempts were unsuccessful.

Unfortunately, choking can be very serious. That's why we're sharing this story, not to scare parents but to equip ourselves with information.

Just last month, Ned shared an Instagram photo of the beautiful little girl posing in front of a table full of cupcakes on her birthday. "Turned the big #2 today! Happy to be home for this special day. What a character this one," he wrote alongside the photo.

No parent should ever have to go through the unimaginable pain of losing a child, and our thoughts and hearts are with sweet Haven's family.

For more information on how to prevent choking, click here.

You might also like: