Blankets. They’re a big no-no in baby’s crib, and toddlers wiggle their way out before we even close their bedroom door. Next thing we know, they come running, complaining about how cold they are. So what’s a mama to do for a good night of uninterrupted, worry-free sleep? Two words: sleeping bags.
Also known as wearable blankets and sleeping sacks, sleeping bags stay on (!) and are the safest way to keep your baby warm throughout the night. That’s especially true if your little one isn’t fond of the burrito-style swaddle or if he is strong enough to turn over onto his belly. Ready to garb baby in a wearable blanket and, hopefully, get the sleep that you all need and deserve? Then you’re in luck. We consolidated a few of our favorite sleeping bags into a neat little list.
Here are 7 sleeping bags for safer, cozier snooze. Hurry up: these are flying off the shelf.
1. The Baby Deedee Nest Lite is designed in a comforting cocoon-light shape to keep your wee one secure from the newborn phase to his toddler years. Made of two layers of soft Indian cotton jersey, the Nest Lite is especially great for spring, fall and warmer temps. But if there’s a chill in the air, the brand offers a full range of winter-weight and fleece sacks. The shoulder snaps are an added bonus because: no more wrestling baby’s wiggly arms into a sleeping bag. $33, buy here.
2. The Little Lotus Sleeping Bag doesn’t just take your little one to dreamland. It lets him travel to the moon -- well, almost. Made with a fabric that was first used in NASA spacesuits, this high-tech wearable blanket draws away excess heat when he’s too hot and releases it when he starts to cool down. What’s not to like? Fewer temperature fluctuations means optimal comfort means more sleep. Plus, if baby wakes up because of a poopy diaper, the bottom zipper makes for seamless nappy changes. $78, buy here.
3. The Bébé Au Lait Bedtime Sleeper keeps your baby’s body temperature just right. With the breathable muslin fabric, there’s no more worrying about overheating as the heater blasts in baby’s room or as the days get warmer. And since we’re still waiting for summer to get here, we’re loving the tropical feel that Bébé Au Lait’s new pineapple design adds to our little one’s bedtime routine. $31.99, buy here.
4. The Nested Bean Zen Sack has adjustable shoulder tabs to grow with baby and, most importantly, a lightly weighed pad that mimics the pressure of your touch. You know what that means, right? This sack soothes baby when you’re busy dreaming dreams in the comfort of your own bed (with blankets and everything). Nested Bean’s signature sleeping bag is built for year-round and winter comfort. $34.99, buy here.
5. The Woolino Baby Sleeping Bag keeps your mind at ease all night long, all year round. Its secret? The merino wool they use for both their baby and toddler sleeping bags is breathable, which means that it keeps your wee one warm when he’s cold and cool when he’s hot. Are you ready for some ZZZs? Because you’re most definitely getting some tonight. Worrying about transferring snoozing baby from car seat to stroller to crib? Don't! The Woolino sleeping bag is travel friendly, with a closable seat-belt opening. $99.99, buy here.
6. The Aden & Anais Silky Soft Sleeping Bag is impossible for your littlest one’s little legs to kick off. Which, if you want to get some shut-eye, is a dream come true. Plus, it’s not only breathable (like all of Aden & Anais’ beddings), it’s also incredibly soft, made with the most luxurious bamboo fabric. And do you agree with us that this pebble shibori print is to die for? $37, buy here.
7. The Ergobaby Baby Sleeping Bag + Swaddle Set is a swaddle that morphs into a wearable blanket whenever baby is ready to transition out of the swaddle. 2-in-1 baby gear (aka having less stuff to store and less money to spend)? Sign us in! And on nights when baby has a harder time falling asleep (it happens, and it’s normal), Ergobaby’s super cute new print features a couple of sheeps that he… well, you can count. $34.99, buy here.
Shop the post: