The queen of leggings shares her 7 postpartum fashion picks.
Is there anything more necessary as a new mom than a great pair of leggings? Or 15? No matter how hard you resist, or how many times you say “I won't be that mom wearing leggings," you'll find yourself reaching for them time and again during those first few weeks (months? years?) postpartum. Which is why we're so grateful for Zara Terez, whose wild prints (think emojis, mixtapes, even the NYC skyline) give us a great excuse to have just one more “leggings day."
It just so happens that Zara Terez founder Zara Terez Tisch just had her first babe, Elle Jay, last month. The NYC mom recently shared a little glimpse into her new world of motherhood and told us exactly what the queen of leggings considers must-haves when it comes to postpartum fashion.
How would you describe your newfound "mom style"?
So far, because it's only been a month, it's been all about comfort. I've been living in our french terry sweats, it's the most magical fabric ever.
What's been the greatest challenge/struggle postpartum?
Besides sleep deprivation, it's been challenging to be away from the office and my team while also embarking on a whole new journey and trying to figure out what being a "mom" means.
What's been the best surprise from your first few weeks postpartum?
The best surprise was realizing that I gained a best friend for life!
How motherhood changed the way you're thinking about your business?
Being a mom has really opened me up to a whole new world of inspiration that I had never been a part of before, so now I can start thinking about what prints to create based on that.
Zara Terez's Postpartum Must-Haves:
- A lot of long open sweaters. Current/Elliott 'The Long' Slash Back Alpaca Blend Cardigan, $378
- A pair of indoor slippers and outdoor slippers. Minnetonka Women's Sheepskin Ankle Boot, $67.95
- A pair of 7 A.M. Enfant Polar WarMMuffs, which are awesome for winter. $50
- Our Muscle Tank in every color, $53
- Honest Co. Rebecca Minkoff baby bag, $130
- .Since I'm nursing, I've also been wearing nursing tank tops that unclip. H&M MAMA 2-pack Nursing Tank Tops, $24.99
- A pair of Zara Terez Every Mother Counts performance leggings, $75