Mom life is the best.
These are just 10 of the wonderful things that make motherhood so exhausting, humbling, hilarious, and rewarding all at the same time…
1. You’ve thought to yourself, “What’s that smell?” And then you realize it is you and the lovely dried spit up perfume you’re wearing.
2. You’ve extracted boogers from a nose that is not your own.
3. You eat at lightening speed at all times because if your past experiences have taught you anything, your baby will be awake approximately 4.5 seconds after you start eating.
4. Your bed looks remarkably tempting everyday around 4:00.
5. Your Instagram feed is all about your baby…even though you swore you wouldn’t be that mom.
6. You can make 30 minutes the most productive, crazy festival of getting all the things done…especially if you have a little cat napper and are anticipating his imminent waking.
7. You spend a large portion of your day making crazy faces at a tiny human to elicit a toothless smile or giggle.
8. You’ve been talking to someone while bouncing and swaying, then realize you’re not holding a baby, so you casually try to slow to a stop so they don’t think you’re insane.
9. You have every creak in the floorboards memorized but you still tiptoe to the door after putting down the sleeping tiny human like you’re navigating through a deadly maze.
(*Epiphany: Maaaaybe “Step on a crack, break your mother’s back”…is actually about a creak in the floorboards and breaking her back because she now has to recommence rocking the baby… hmmm.)
10. After you get all the things done in the first 30 minutes of the tiny human’s nap, you start missing him and hope he wakes up (just me?)
And it’s all so, so worth it.
A version of this article was originally published on Peanut-Co.com.