Trump plans to spend several days at Walter Reed National Military Medical Centre.
President Trump travelled to a hospital Friday just hours after announcing his positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
The Associated Press reports President Trump plans to spend several days at Walter Reed National Military Medical Centre.
The president released a video update taped before he left the White House:
"I want to thank everybody for the tremendous support," he says in the clip. "I'm going to Walter Reed Hospital. I think I'm doing very well, but we're going to make sure things work out. The First Lady is doing very well. So thank you so much, I appreciate it, I'll never forget it. Thank you."
https://t.co/B4H105KVSs— Donald J. Trump (@Donald J. Trump)1601677916.0
"President Trump remains in good spirts, has mild symptoms, and has been working throughout the day," press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters before the president left the White House. "Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of his physician and medical experts, the president will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days."
The President has reportedly received a dose of an experimental antibody cocktail called Regeneron and a medical team is supervising his care diligently.
The First Lady is also positive for COVID-19 and is quarantining. The couple's son, 14-year-old Barron, has tested negative; so have Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, as well as Joe Biden, who President Trump debated earlier this week.
Update: President Trump's physician says he is not on supplemental oxygenTwitter
Late Friday the president's physician released a statement updating the nation on President Trump's health.
He is said to not be on oxygen but has been dosed with Remdesivir, a drug that has been used to treat Ebola. It has also been used to treat COVID-19 patents with who need extra oxygen due to pneumonia. The White House has said Trump has not needed extra oxygen.
Update: President Trump says 'I'm starting to feel good'
https://t.co/gvIPuYtTZG— Donald J. Trump (@Donald J. Trump)1601765518.0
On Saturday evening President Trump released a new video via Twitter, stating that he is feeling better and looking forward to getting back to campaigning.
"I came here, wasn't feeling so well," he said, adding that he needs to continue to recover. "I have to be all the way back because we still have to make America great again,"
He thanked the American people for bipartisan support and thanked the world for the outpouring of love he's received.
"This was something that happened and it's happened to millions of people all over the world," the president explained.
He said the First Lady is recovering well.
"Melania is really handling it very nicely. As you've probably read, she's slightly younger than me, just a little tiny bit. And therefore, just we know the disease, we know the situation with age versus younger people. And Melania is handling it, statistically, like it's supposed to be handled. And that makes me very happy," he said.
[This story is developing and may be updated.]
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump test positive ... ›
- Coronavirus: Trump on Hazard Pay for Health Care Workers - Motherly ›