It’s Groundhog Day! The weather might be staying the same for another six weeks, but in the parenting world, things are always changing. Along with more snow on the way, we’ve got new offerings from your favorite brands, a new global parenting initiative, and some real AF videos from Kristen Bell in this edition of Weekly Links.
1. As of January 30th, Warby Parker is launching Warby Parker for Kids in a 12-week pilot at all of their New York City stores. With their parents, kids can try on the collection and purchase in-store and have the frames shipped to their home (nationwide) or swing by and pick them up in-person. Each pair starts at $95, including prescription lenses. Find your location here.
2. Bugaboo is expecting a new addition to their stroller family! In March 2018, Bugaboo will introduce the Bugaboo Fox, a stroller designed to embrace parents’ complete lifestyle: outdoor activities, traveling and shopping with their little one. With an ultra-light push and a modular design, plus one of the flattest folds we’ve ever seen, it promises to be the ultimate stroller. See all the new features here.
3. New trial results are in from a parenting program that was rolled out in some of South Africa’s poorest communities. Called “Sinovuyo,” or “We Bring Joy,” the program is showing promising results, including a drop in domestic violence and a boost in economic resilience. Read the full details here on how positive parenting makes a difference in global communities.
4. None of us are parenting experts, but what makes the motherhood community so great is that we all learn from each other. Kristen Bell, mom of two, starts off each episode of her new series on motherhood acknowledging this crucial fact as she delves into the realest parts of parenting. Produced with Ellen Degeneres, the six-episode mini-series “Momsplaining with Kristen Bell” will release new episodes throughout February.
5. The Oxford English Dictionary, the holy grail of what’s actually a word and what’s not, just added 1,100 new words to their lexicon. Among them are the popular abbreviations TTC (trying to conceive), VBAC (vaginal birth after C-section) and BFN (big fat nothing on a pregnancy test). They also added mommy blogger (yay!) and babymoon--find out which other words are officially fair game in Scrabble now here.
Photo courtesy of Bustle.