Like most parents, I love taking pictures of my daughter and capturing the special moments in our lives. Over the course of the last three years, I've taken thousands of photos that have been unceremoniously thrown into a neatly organized cloud – sound familiar? Finding the time and energy to bring the photos to life in a creative way is definitely where I fall short, but thankfully there are so many options available for busy (and tired) parents.
With the holiday gift-giving season in mind, we've compiled a list of awesome options for capturing and displaying timeless memories in the form of photo books, digital time-lapse videos, wooden calendars and more! Here's 5 ways to make keepsakes out of your favorite pictures of your little ones.
- Tweed Wolf Photo BookTweed Wolf is a fully customizable “Do-It-For-You" photo album service. The album-creating process begins by using Tweed Wolf's photo uploader (or mail in a flash drive) and then a team of experts steps in to “cull, curate, edit, design and produce" a gorgeous hardcover photo album. Tweed Wolf offers a one-of-a-kind keepsake and the opportunity for parents to cross an item off the to-do list without spending a lot of their own time (signature package retails for $270). Save $50 off your first album using the code WellRoundedNY (expires 1/7/16).
- Artifact Uprising Custom Wood CalendarIf you're looking for a unique photo gift, look no further than Artifact Uprising's customizable Wood Calendar. The 12-month photo calendar can be created directly from AU's app and is placed on a 5 x 7 wooden clipboard with a magnet for easy hanging. The refreshingly simple, yet cool design is not only functional, but a beautiful piece of art to look at each day (retails for $29.99). Use the code BLGWR10 to save 10% through December 12th(one use per customer).
- Jessa Flynn ProductionsWhat could be more timeless than a maternity, newborn or family video shoot? Jessa Flynn Productions creates stunning 1-5 minute videos to capture the unforgettable moments in your life. The final videos include color correction and are professionally edited with music. The video packages include two HD DVDs and an Instagram ready version to share seamlessly with family and friends (packages start at $500). Book a video shoot and save $150 through December and $100 through January.
- BlinkBuggyBlinkBuggy is a service for parents who want to digitally “capture, store, access, and share family memories." BlinkBuggy's latest TimeLapse feature allows you to upload weekly videos of your baby and turn them into a short video at the 1-year mark – the service will even remind you to take the videos! The BlinkBuggy family just launched a new photo-sharing app called BlinkPix that prints and ships 5 photos a month to two households of your choosing (BlinkBuggy subscription plans range from $0-$5.99 per month and a BlinkPix subscription is $9.99 per month). Use the code WELLROUNDED1 to snag one free month of BlinkPix.
- Parabo Press: Accordion Zine Photo MagazineParabo Press, a new app from the team at Photojojo, allows you to create unique and effortlessly cool photo prints straight from a smartphone. One of our favorite products is the playful and gorgeous Accordion Zine photo magazine that features 14 photos of your choice and a marble, gold-foiled-printed cover. The accordion design is great for displaying photos for any type of festivity, including birthday parties and baby showers. Parabo Press is offering Well Rounded NY readers a FREE set of 25 square prints! One per person, just pay shipping. Download the Parabo Press app at http://parabo.press, select your 25 photos, and use code ROUND before checkout. Enjoy!