Here are 8 fall accessories every new mom needs to bring new life to her maternity wardrobe.
1. Baby Wrap. During your pregnancy and after, it’s great to find gear that does double duty – because the gear really does pile up! The Solly Baby Wrap Carrier doubles… no, triples as a scarf and breastfeeding cover. With so many colors and prints, you have the ability to express your personal style, but we have a special place in our heart for this Navy Shibori.$65, buy here
2. Necklace. We know it’s hard to wear a necklace right now, what with baby’s hands and teeth all over you at every moment. But you don’t have to give up your jewelry habit if you choose a teething necklace like this Loulou Lollipop one, made with silicone and maple wood beads that are safe for baby to slobber all over. $20, buy here.
3. Shoes. These classic smoking loafers from Rachel Comey are quite possibly the most attractive shoes you could own this season. Obviously, they are great for anyone, but they fit the new mom bill since they are flat and slip on, which is perfect whether you’re babywearing or strolling. $368, buy here.
4. Diaper bag. This new generation of moms is all about the anti diaper bag — about carrying something that truly functions as a diaper bag without looking like one. Baggu teamed up with Land of Nod to deliver some really cool totes. Hip prints on the outside with all the room and organization a mom needs on the inside. $349, buy here.
5. Ear warmer. If you want to save the chunky knit hats for later, I second that motion. I’m a huge fan of the knitted headband ear warmers. You don’t have to compromise on your perfectly messy top knot, and it lends that aprés ski air to your look. Iris Mint on Etsy has great quality knits. $28, buy here.
6. Nursing scarf. If you’re planning to nurse baby, you’ll want to be prepared anywhere, anytime. Pick up a nursing scarf for those days you’re feeling like you need a little privacy, or baby wants to feed without distraction. This muslin-blend number from Bebe au Lait is soft and stylish, nobody will ever suspect it’s actually made for nursing! $30, buy here.
7. Stroller muffs. If you plan on doing a lot of strolling this winter (well, really it’s not up to you), these are a must. They’ll keep your mitts warm while making it easy to tend to your child. Plus, you won’t need to worry about remembering to pack your gloves. The WarMMuffs from 7 A.M. sit pretty on the stroller, waiting for you. *Cool fact: you can also use these on your bike when not using them on a stroller. $44, buy here.
8. Stroller. If you have not picked out your stroller yet (or you need a fall upgrade?!), this new Quinny x Rachel Zoe one is stunning — opulent to be precise. The art speaks for itself. $899, buy here.
SHOP THE POST