KATE HUDSON BE OUR BESTIE.
Just when you feel like your social media game is on point and you’re on the verge of becoming the next Instagram influencer...BOOM! There’s another app to master.
We’re looking at you, Snapchat.
We’ve noticed a lot of our friends with kids and baby bumps have taken to this community lately, and it’s no wonder. Snapchat is more private—you choose who you send your content to, there is no archive—images and videos only last up to 24 hours max (on your snap story), and there’s less pressure to interact—no one expects a response; there’s no witty commenting necessary.
And maybe best of all? You don’t have to be perfect. Snapchat doesn’t have time for editing, perfectly posing, or saying the ‘right’ thing. It captures real moments of your very real life.
Where Instagram and Facebook offer a more calculated, perfectly-timed, expertly-filtered view of your life—Snapchat offers a behind the scenes intimate look into your day doing...whatever it is you do.
Cure your case of FOMO. Join Snapchat. Use all the emojis you want. ? ??
And follow these fab mamas—bloggers, influencers, and celebrities—you’ll thank us.
1. Emily Frame of Small Fry to follow her adventures with her boys and her blog. ?: emilykframe
2. Natalie Jean of Hey Natalie Jean blog on her fashionable life in NYC with her cute son Huck. ?: heynataliejean
3. Actress Jaime King for fashion, fun, and famous friends. ?: itsjaimeking
4. Blogger and doctor Laura Lacquer for fun sing-a-longs, fashion, and life with her two little girls (and handsome hubby.) ?: lauralacquer
5. Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere for snaps of yummy food, fashion, and her adorable daughter and cat. ?: e.schuman
6. Mamas Kim and Kourtney Kardashian for a glimpse into their glam lives and super cute kids. ?: kimkardashian + kourtneykardashian
7. Actress and The Honest Co. Founder Jessica Alba for photoshoots, exciting project sneak peeks, workouts, and family life. ?: jessicamalba
8. Liz Stanley of Say Yes blog for video and photo snaps of her family life in San Fran with her three littles. ?: lizsayyes
9. Actress and Fabletics co-founder Kate Hudson for hilarious snaps, fashionable snaps, and jealousy inducing snaps. BE OUR FRIEND, KATE. ?: khudsnaps
10. Miko Bowen of Simple Life Love for snaps of her family life (with 6 fab kids!), travels, and adventures. ?: mikobowen
11. Naomi Davis of Love Taza for cute kid snaps and their life in NYC. ?: lovetaza
12. Actress and dancer Jenna Dewan-Tatum for snaps of her adorable daughter, and awesome projects like designing a bracelet to benefit St. Jude Children’s Hospital . ?: jennaldewan
13. Blogger Rach Kincaid for snaps of her “Kincaid Parade” —6 awesome kids living in North Carolina. ?: @rachkincaid
14. Blogger Jen of Jen Loves Kev for all things motherhood, fashion, and cooking. ?: jenloveskev
15. Actress Reese Witherspoon for fashion, travel, famous people stuff, and sneak peeks of all things Draper James. ?: snapsbyreese
And for the nitty gritty of how it all works, check out Mashable’s Beginner’s Guide to Snapchat so you don’t have to (embarrassingly) ask your twenty-two year old sister how this newfangled contraption works.
? (GUILTY AS CHARGED.)