The purpose of bath time is to get your kiddo squeaky clean. But what if the products you're using are working against you? From toxin-free shampoo to greener gear, we've rounded up eco-friendly bath time essentials for keeping your little one clean, healthy and safe.
Here are 13 must-haves to keep bath time fun, clean and eco-friendly all at once.
1. Toys: Olie and Carol. If the fear of old bath water sitting in your child's toys freaks you out a bit, that's ok, it freaks us out too. Luckily the bath toys from Oli and Carol are designed without holes, making them hygienic and mold-free. Additionally, these toys are made from all-natural, plant-based rubber and are colored with food grade dyes. So there's no need to worry when they inevitably end up in your baby's mouth. $17, buy here.
2. Stacking cups: Ubbi. Your kids will love playing with Ubbi's stack and splash bath toys, and you will love them for being free of PVC, BPA and Phthalates. These toys are fun, safe and stack for easy storage when bath time is over. Plus, you can use them to rinse the body wash off of baby's body and head. $12.77, buy here.
3. Bath treads: Puj. These colorful bath threds from Puj will keep your kiddo safe while playing in the tub and are also hygienic for their little bottoms. Unlike traditional bath treads, these adhere directly to the surface of the tub, meaning no mildew buildup nor extra cleaning required. Made from materials free from PVC and BPA, these treads are soft and gentle for baby's sensitive skin. And no need to worry that these bath treads will damage the tub in your rental -- they remove cleanly and leave no residue behind. $15, buy here.
4. Bath tub: Stokke. For parents who feel a ping of guilt as they watch the bath water go down the drain, the Stokke Flexi Bath is the perfect solution. This tub can be used from infancy, with the additional purchase of the Newborn Support, all the way to four years old. That's a whole lot of saved water! An added bonus, this bath is perfect for small spaces as it folds flat for storage. $45.50, buy here.
5. Bubbles: babyganics. Kids love bubble baths, and you'll love the fact that babyganics adds zero parabens, sulfates, phthalates, mineral oil, petrolatum, artificial fragrances or dyes to theirs! This bubble bath is super gentile, nourishing, tear-free and most importantly fun -- all the things a good bubble bath should be. $17.98, buy here.
6. Body wash: Fresh Monster. Fresh Monster is all about making natural products that don't cost an arm and leg but instead keep them fresh and clean. This bottle is filled with 100% toxin-free body wash and the cute monster on the label means you're kids will be just as enthusiastic about using it as you are. $10, buy here.
7. Lotion: Tubby Todd. If what goes on your baby's skin is just as important as what goes inside his body, then you want to be sure to use a lotion that is 100% natural and free from all those icky toxins we keep talking about. You can feel good about slathering your baby with Tubby Todd's extra creamy lotion that is safe on even the most sensitive newborn skin. Heck, it's even gluten, soy and dairy-free! $14, buy here.
8. Haircare: So Cozy detangler. For older kids in need of a detangler, So Cozy works like magic to keep tangles under control. It's meant to work quickly and effectively, so there's no tugging or tears. And just because it works well doesn't mean it's made with harsh ingredients. It's completely toxin-free and made without parabens, sulfates and phthalates. $9.99, buy here.
9. Spout cover: 4moms. With the 4moms spout cover, you can both protect your little one's head from bumps and be confident the bath water is a safe temperature. This faucet cover is made out of a mildew-resistant foam material and is designed with a color-coded digital thermometer for quick, easy reads. $30, buy here.
10. Kneeler: Skip Hop. Bath time can be hard on your knees, but luckily a bath kneeler like this cute one from Skip Hop keeps parents comfortable. We like this one because it's made with quick-dry material that's Phthalate-free and a non-skid base, and it includes a loop that allows you to hang for storage. $16, buy here.
11. Rhoost hair brush. Made with a Bamboo wooden handle and soft natural bristles, the Rhoost hair brush is good looking and made from 100% natural and organic materials. $11.95, buy here.
12. Hooded towel: Burt's Bees. Is there anything cuter than a baby wrapped up in a hooded towel? Made with 100% organic cotton, the Burt's Bees Hooded Towel is perfect for keeping baby's sensitive skin cozy after bath time. $13, buy here.
13. Wash clothes: milkbarn. Suds up your babe with these lovely wash clothes from Milk Barn. Beautiful prints make these wash clothes unique while the 100% organic cotton terry materials make them super soft on baby's skin. $13.75, buy here.
Shop the post: