What to wear to every event this holiday season.
Decoding holiday dress codes can be a chore (“festive attire", anyone?), and when you're expecting, it can seem downright daunting. These three looks will have you fashionably covered for all your holiday fêtes.
1. WORK PARTY.
A classic, sophisticated look is the way to go. We love Ingrid & Isabel's updated take on the LBD with its lace detailing. The body-conscious silhouette is tempered by the long sleeves and high neckline making it office appropriate. Pair with ankle-tie pumps (a closed toe feels right for a work event), a statement earring and a sleek box clutch like this style by Asos.
- ASOS Grid box clutch bag with chain handle: $43, buy here.
- INGRID & ISABEL Boatneck Lace Dress in Black & Nude: $98, buy here.
- LOEFFLER RANDALL Delfine Lace-Up Pump: $195, buy here.
- KENNETH JAY LANE Three ball crystal black earrings: $50, buy here.
2. HOLIDAY BRUNCH.
Whether brunching with friends or family, this effortlessly chic look is the perfect solution. Start with a flattering off-the-shoulder top. Pregnant or not, a woman's shoulders always look good and are a great feature to highlight. Be sure to pair with a seamless, strapless maternity bra for proper support and coverage. Pair with slim-fit black trousers. The slightly cropped hem is perfect for showing off a fabulous pair of shoes. We opted for this pair of on-trend gold ballerina pumps, but heeled ankle boots or kitten-heeled pumps would also work well. Top with a cool overcoat in a luxe color like burgundy and a fun fur bag.
- SERAPHINE Tailored Black Cropped Maternity Pants: $89, buy here.
- ASOS Maternity Trapeze Waterfall Coat: $136, buy here. LA LECHE
- TOPSHOP Maternity Floral Ella Bardot Top: $68, buy here.
- & OTHER STORIES Ballerina leather pumps: $125, buy here.
- LOEFFLER RANDALL Cross-body pouch: $295, buy here.
- LEAGUE Women's convertible strapless nursing bra: $25, buy here.
NEW YEAR'S EVE.
Now's the time to go all out. This flowy printed gown by Free People serves up luxe-hippie glamour perfect for NYE (plus, your belly will be free of constricting seams or fabrics). Opt for a sexy shoe like these strappy bow-tie sandals by Schutz. Add on dramatic accessories like these black beaded tassel earrings and a gold satin clutch. Gilded nails are a perfect touch, try Smith and Cult's 8-free formula in Shattered Souls. Toss a faux fur jacket over your shoulders for extra warmth and that nonchalant cool-girl factor.
- SCHUTZ Rene tie sandal: $180, buy here.
- DIANE VON FURSTENBERG Satin foldover clutch in Honey Mustard: $128, buy here.
- VANESSA MOONEY The Charlize Earring: $58, buy here.
- FREE PEOPLE Shadows printed maternity gown: $500, buy here.
- ZARA Short Faux Fur Coat: $169, buy here.
- SMITH & CULT Shattered Souls Nail Lacquer: $18, buy here.