Including Taylor Swift's album that transports you to a fantasy world.
Taylor Swift just dropped an album. Let me repeat: Taylor Swift just dropped an album.
But before you TSwift fans expect another compilation filled with club headbangers, Folklore isn't it. It's rather a mix of soulful sounds that are more melancholy and sweet. It's exactly what we need during a pandemic.
"Before this year I probably would've overthought when to release this music at the 'perfect' time," Swift said in an Instagram message announcing the album. "But the times we're living in keep reminding me that nothing is guaranteed. My gut is telling me that if you make something you love, you should just put it out into the world."
Last month, John Legend also dropped an album entitled Bigger Love as a reminder to celebrate romantic love and family during these uncertain times. "During these painful times, some of us may wonder if it's ok to laugh or dance or be romantic...It's important for us to continue to show the world the fullness of what it is to be black and human. Through our art, we are able to do that," Legend said on Instagram.
If you're looking to add to your musical collection, you've come to the right place. Whatever your musical preferences are, we've got you covered. And, by the way, if you haven't heard "Baby Girl" from Chloe x Halle's newest album, Ungodly Hour, you're totally missing out. Check it out, and listen to these other new releases below to keep you sane during a pandemic.
Here are the new albums we're jammin' to this summer:
- Lianne La Havas—Lianne La Havas
- Taylor Swift—Folklore
- Teyana Taylor—The Album
- Ellie Goulding—Brightest Blue
- Oumou Sangaré—Acoustic
- John Legend—Bigger Love
- The Chicks—Gaslighter
- Pop Smoke—Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
- Lupe Fiasco + Kaelin Ellis—House
- Roberta Flack—First Take (50th Anniversary Edition)
- KLLO—Maybe We Could
- Sault—Untitled (Black Is)
- Chloe x Halle—Ungodly Hour
- Protomartyr—Ultimate Success Today
- Bob Dylan—Rough and Rowdy Ways
- Derrick Hodge—Color of Noize
- Norah Jones—Pick Me Up Off The Floor
- Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers—Just Coolin'
- This heartwarming music video about motherhood is giving us all ... ›
- 10 music activities for toddlers and preschoolers - Motherly ›
- Why music education is one of the most important lessons you can ... ›
- How Music Education Helps Teach Kids Empathy ›