Do you fall into a shopping rabbit hole every time you look for kid’s clothes? Don’t worry, we do too -- all the time. After all, there is a lot to think about when choosing outfits for your little ones: budget, quality, ethics and whether or not it will allow them to express their style and personality. Plus, there are so many new and original kids brands out there, that it’s hard to sift through all of them. To help you out in your search, we compiled a list of children’s clothing brands that you should have on your radar. So close your gazillion browser tabs: here are 5 kids fashion brands you need to know about.
1. Art & Eden. What’s better than a children’s clothing brand that’s playful and whimsical and that is taking a stance? Art & Eden crafts its clothes ethically with organic fabrics and fair-trade practices. It also gives back a portion of its sales to support a program that provides needed nutrition and medication to children in Central America. Plus, their prints are made in collaboration with artists around the world. How cool is that? Check it out here.
2. Rockets of Awesome. With this kids clothing subscription service, it’s like Christmas four times a year! Each season, Rockets of Awesome delivers 8 to 12 clothes to your door, and you only pay for the items that you keep. No membership fee required! Not only do you save time not shopping, the system has an algorithm that helps accommodate your little one’s ever-changing style. Plus, kids absolutely love choosing from the fun selection of clothes, and they’ll get to color the box that everything comes in. Subscribe here.
3. Primary. Sequins and crazy prints are fun. But your little one needs basics, too. If you’re still shopping for essentials, Primary is your one-stop shop! You’ll get to choose from a rainbow range of colors, and you won’t have to break the bank -- with all prices below $25! With fast, free shipping and 90 days to make a free return, this is a go-to you can’t pass up. Check it out here.
4. AKID. Tired of the cutesy sneakers with neon colors? Check out AKID. The brand create styles that are basic, but with fun color combinations and unexpected patterns. The fabrics that AKID uses are both stylish and durable, and the designs are smart and kid-friendly, with zippers on the side to put them on easily. This season, they did a collaboration with Dreamworks and decked out a few of their favorite shoes with Troll prints. Find your favorite here.
5. The Mini Classy. If you’re looking for some cool-kid, eye-catching clothing for your mini me, this brand’s for you... well, for your mini me. The Mini Classy offers upscale clothing for children, ages from 6 months to 12 years old, and makes most of its clothing with a bamboo and cotton blend that is super soft and comfortable. After being on the map for their signature harem pants, the #bossladies at The Mini Classy expended their edgy collection to dresses, tops, coats and more. Get shopping here.